Footsteps of The Carpenter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Footsteps of The Carpenter

Attention : Please Click the BLUE links above the banners to access those areas. The banner's are there for cosmetics. To access the area's Please click the BLUE links above the banners.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WHy do Prayers Go UnAnswered 04-28-09

Go down 
AuthorMessage
joshuajared2000
Headmaster Admin Training Dpt.
Headmaster  Admin Training Dpt.
joshuajared2000

Asleep
Joined date : 2009-02-01

WHy do Prayers Go UnAnswered 04-28-09 Empty
PostSubject: WHy do Prayers Go UnAnswered 04-28-09   WHy do Prayers Go UnAnswered 04-28-09 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 3:22 pm

joshuajared2000: Good Evening And welcome to another Youth Bible Study Night..
joshuajared2000: Tonight were talking about unanswered Prayers. Were talking about this, not in the hopes of Gaining some 100% effective prayer ability, but to bring an understanding to a hard topic. We often wonder at times “why lord” “why are you not listening?!?!” “don’t you hear me?”

joshuajared2000: SO lets open with a prayer and then get right into it..
joshuajared2000: Heavenly Father, I thank you for all that you have done for each and every one of us. I thank you for the time you have given us to be here and to gather together. There are so many who do not have this freedom and I thank you greatly for it. I ask you lord to join us tonight, Correcting us, teaching us and building us up. May you keep our room free from trouble tonight and may we enjoy our time with each other… amen

joshuajared2000: So lets get into it…Why do many prayers go unanswered? well first off, The unanswered prayer could be in the Prayer itself..

joshuajared2000: James 1:6 But let him ask in faith, nothing doubting: for he that doubteth is like the surge of the sea driven by the wind and tossed.
James 1:7 For let not that man think that he shall receive anything of the Lord;

joshuajared2000: Unbelief Are we praying with out believing? “GOD wouldn’t want me.” “you don’t know what Iv Done” “God cant do this” “God wont do that”
If were praying with Doubt, God says we shouldn’t even THINK that we would receive ANYTHING from the Lord…

joshuajared2000: We could be praying with the Wrong motive. Here Take another look at James This time Chapter 4 Verse 3 "Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may spend it in your pleasures."

joshuajared2000: “OH LORD!!! LORD I PRAY FOR THAT 67 CHEVY!!!” what???? “JESUS I CLAIME THIS 1million dollar job right now” HUH???? HOLY SPIRIT I PRAY THIS GIRL WOULD FALL IN LOVE WITH ME”

joshuajared2000: “You receive not, bc you ask amiss *uselessly* to spend on your own Pleasures.. Try asking for the Fathers will…..
“LORD I PRAY for a deeper relationship” “Jesus I Claime the promise of salvation” “HOLY SPIRIT SATURATE ME “

joshuajared2000: So we know unbelief and Wrong motives hinder prayer. but does any one think sin itself will hinder our prayer?

joshuajared2000: Sin or disobedience Can ! Here Check this out... Psalm 66:18 If I regard iniquity in my heart, The Lord will not hear: or Proverbs 15:29 Jehovah is far from the wicked; But he heareth the prayer of the righteous.

joshuajared2000: Isa 59:2 but your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, so that he will not hear.

joshuajared2000: Friends its clear, that Our Sin and Dissobedience will HINDER our Prayers. Its not a question of could it.. it WILL. We cant be living in sin and expect God to bless us…

joshuajared2000: “LORD BLESS ME” as I drive 85 in a 70mph zone. “Father Heal me” as I mock those who are sick . IT just wont work. Living in sin and expecting a blessing or an answer to your prayer is like not going to work and expecting a paycheck.. wont happen.

joshuajared2000: So lets take a look at sin.. Can any one give me an example of Sin that can hinder our prayers???

joshuajared2000: 1.Selfishness. Proverbs 21:13 Whoso stoppeth his ears at the cry of the poor, He also shall cry, but shall not be heard.
joshuajared2000: 2.Unforgiveness.
Mar 11:26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father who is in heaven forgive your trespasses.
joshuajared2000: 3. Disharmoney in the home. Mat 5:23, 24 I Pet 3:7
4. Religious hypocrysy. Mat 5:23, 24

joshuajared2000: 5. Rebellion against hearing God's Word.
Pro 1:24 Because I have called, and ye have refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man hath regarded;
Pro 1:25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, And would none of my reproof:
joshuajared2000: And the list can go on and on so many sins Stop our prayers..

joshuajared2000: Then there our things outside of us that can hinder our prayers.. Satan himself can fight them..

joshuajared2000: Dan 10:12 Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel; for from the first day that thou didst set thy heart to understand, and to humble thyself before thy God, thy words were heard: and I am come for thy words' sake.
*** mouse_34 has left the room ***
joshuajared2000: Dan 10:13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days; but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me: and I remained there with the kings of Persia.
joshuajared2000: The Angels actually have to Fight for our prayers..

joshuajared2000: think its important to point out also that God may choose to delay the answer of our Prayers
joshuajared2000:
Jer 42:5 Then they said to Jeremiah, Jehovah be a true and faithful witness amongst us, if we do not according to all the word wherewith Jehovah thy God shall send thee to us.
Jer 42:6 Whether it be good, or whether it be evil, we will obey the voice of Jehovah our God, to whom we send thee; that it may be well with us, when we obey the voice of Jehovah our God.
joshuajared2000: now here is the kicker of Jeremiah praying... Jer 42:7 And it came to pass after ten days, that the word of Jehovah came unto Jeremiah.

joshuajared2000: and again God shows us, he at times delays his actions ... Luk 18:7 And shall not God avenge his elect, that cry to him day and night, and yet he is longsuffering over them

joshuajared2000: But Why would God Delay our Prayers? Well It could be, Because he is working out something in our Character, or Perhaps helping us learn a Desired blessing

joshuajared2000: Though Job was "perfect & upright" in the sight of God (see Job 1:1, 8; 2:3), God allowed him to suffer tremendously--but not without purpose.
joshuajared2000: Job 23:10 But he knoweth the way that I take; When he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold. Some times the best way to learn patience.. is to LIVE through some thing long enough..

joshuajared2000: Heb 5:8 though he was a Son, yet learned obedience by the things which he suffered; Obedience is another reason some prayers are not answered.. God wants us to be obedient. and the answer to our prayer, making the problem go away would hinder us becoming obedient.

joshuajared2000: So we know what can hinder it, but what about “what can help it?
Truth is An effective prayer life is conditional on our walk and relationship with Jesus.
joshuajared2000: 1Jo 3:22 and whatsoever we ask we receive of him, because we keep his commandments and do the things that are pleasing in his sight. = Obedience

fallsdowngetsup: trust and obey

joshuajared2000: Living in Righteousness. Psa 34:15, 17 Prov 15:8, 29 Jas 5:16 or Also Humility as well. 2 Chron 7:14, 15 Psa 9:12; 10:17; 102:17 Mat 23:5, 14, 27, 28 Lu 18:13, 14 ( I wont post all these Verses here, but i will on the forum)
joshuajared2000: YEs Trusting him and Obey.... we also need to have FAITH!!!!!!!
joshuajared2000: 1Jo 5:13 These things have I written unto you, that ye may know that ye have eternal life, even unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God.
1Jo 5:14 And this is the boldness which we have toward him, that, if we ask anything according to his will, he heareth us:
1Jo 5:15 and if we know that he heareth us whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions which we have asked of him.

joshuajared2000: Mat 21:22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive. Mat 21:22 1 Jn 5:13-15
joshuajared2000: we need to believe.. We cant just pray "lord heal me of this" while at the same time thinking "the lord cant fix this"

joshuajared2000: And i think almost as important.. we need to abide in christ
joshuajared2000: Joh 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatsoever ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

fallsdowngetsup: my prayers go as follows....if it is in your will oh god

joshuajared2000: That means Remain in..trust in, rely on.. There are people out there who think they can mix a little bit of jesus in with their life and hes going to answer their prayers. "Christian-Wiccans" is one group of these people. they dont abide in Christ..

fallsdowngetsup: gods will is important...not mine

joshuajared2000: Amen.. We need to pray in accordance to his will. sure God wants to bless us. but his will is more important then us praying for that 1998 chevy camero t top.
joshuajared2000: Christ himself Set this standard when he said in the garden "YOUR WILL be done"

dinasoureeal: amen

joshuajared2000: Finally my friends..We must ALWAYS remember that God answers prayer according to His time & will (Psa 40:1). But that does not mean we should be lazy. We must be persistent in seeking Him for answers to our requests.
joshuajared2000: Gen 32:26-29 "I will not let thee go, except thou bless me ... and he blessed him there."

fly_fisher: ok...it doesn't have to be a t top Lord

joshuajared2000: Isa 62:6, 7 "...keep not silence, & give him no rest..."
joshuajared2000: Lam 2:18, 19 "...day & night: give thyself no rest..."
joshuajared2000: Mat 7:7 "Keep on asking...keep on seeking...keep on..."

Mom: keep on keeping on

joshuajared2000: Im not saying you need to feel like your bugging the Lord but when your praying.. Dont give the world time to pull you down.. LORD IM WAITING.. If i have to stand here all day and all night, im going to wait on you...

joshuajared2000: Mat 15:22-28 she "kept praying" Lu 11:5-13 "because of his importunity (persistence)"
joshuajared2000: Luk 18:5 yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest she wear me out by her continual coming.

joshuajared2000: God desires our prayers to be effective. But if were living in sin, were not going to get anywhere. If were not walking with God, were not gonna get anywhere- We need to be activly praying. 1 thessalonians tells us to "PRAY ALWAYS"

joshuajared2000: To to close up this long winded Bible study My friends let me say this.
joshuajared2000: Your prayers, when they go unanswered, could be unanswered bc of Sin in our lives. They could go unanswered because God wants you to Learn some thing by going through the problem. They could also be unanswered because of how we are praying...
joshuajared2000: we must remember is that Prayers are answered according to the will of the Father. Not us. People often say things like “well why didnt God answer that persons prayer” and the truth is, There are many reasons as we have seen here tonight. The bottom line of any and every prayer is however ..... When GOD chooses to answer it..

joshuajared2000:
An unanswered Prayer is a Good thing!!! it causes us to examine our lives, it causes us to be closer to Christ. Can God answer all the prayers right away? Sure he can deliver us through a problem or Deliver us our desires, ....... BUT........... 8-)
joshuajared2000: Why Deliver every thing, when he can help you Conqure Them?

fly_fisher: Mat 6:33

joshuajared2000: 8-)
joshuajared2000: Mat 6:33 But seek ye first his kingdom, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Last edited by joshuajared2000 on Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHy do Prayers Go UnAnswered 04-28-09   WHy do Prayers Go UnAnswered 04-28-09 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 9:23 pm

josh this a very good question,should be a interest bible study.looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Unanswered Prayer?   WHy do Prayers Go UnAnswered 04-28-09 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 2:12 pm

It is NOT that prayers go unanswered - it is the Answers go misunderstood
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHy do Prayers Go UnAnswered 04-28-09   WHy do Prayers Go UnAnswered 04-28-09 EmptySat May 02, 2009 3:29 am

this is true,our prayers are always answerd just not always the way we want the answer,but gods answer is always the right one
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Wondering   WHy do Prayers Go UnAnswered 04-28-09 EmptySun May 03, 2009 5:57 pm

It is, many times, not the answer we seek. It is the 'why do we ask' that we need to understand and hear about. Many ask questions and that is good. However to understand the answer we first must understand our questions
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHy do Prayers Go UnAnswered 04-28-09   WHy do Prayers Go UnAnswered 04-28-09 Empty

Back to top Go down

WHy do Prayers Go UnAnswered 04-28-09
Page 1 of 1