Footsteps of The Carpenter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Footsteps of The Carpenter

Attention : Please Click the BLUE links above the banners to access those areas. The banner's are there for cosmetics. To access the area's Please click the BLUE links above the banners.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

True or False: "You are who God made you to be and you dont have to change"

Go down 
AuthorMessage
joshuajared2000
Headmaster Admin Training Dpt.
Headmaster  Admin Training Dpt.
joshuajared2000

Asleep
Joined date : 2009-02-01

True or False: "You are who God made you to be and you dont have to change" Empty
PostSubject: True or False: "You are who God made you to be and you dont have to change"   True or False: "You are who God made you to be and you dont have to change" EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 6:11 am

True or False: "You are who God made you to be and you dont have to change" 210

This statement is often used by those who believe it to be true but can often be used when people feel judged.
"I am who God made me to be, leave me alone"

The Good The Bad The Ugly

The Good:
It is clearly a good thing to acknowledge the God who made you. The God who is mighty, Omnipotent (all powerful) and Omnipresent (every where) created you.

The Bad:
Most people who say this say it so they don't have to acknowledge sin and Gods desire for them to grow and turn from it. For example, "i was born gay" or "i cant help it, i love little children" or "i cant help it, my daddy beat me and so i beat my kids"

The Ugly:
Most people who say this, will often add to it, or after it "you dont have to change who you are for any one"

The Problem with these things..

#1. As you can see from "The Ugly" alone, this statement is so full of "Pride" that its as obvious as mow hawk hair cut. Pride is such a stumbling block between us and God. Pride is the "Me" agenda. the "I want to have fun" "I dont like those rules" and "I dont have to be this or that way"

#2 Dangerous and False Teachings

"You dont have to change" Oh .. Yes you do! Gods word is full of Examples of his desire for us to change who we are, what we are, where we are and more. "Reject sin" "turn away from" "Repent" "give up" "put away" "have no part of" "live not like"

From Book to Book, Verse to Verse God is calling us to make a change, Mentally, Physically, Spiritually, Emotionally.

you dont have to change FOR PEOPLE
Basic Bible knowledge shows us God uses people to tell other people his will for their lives. Or have we not heard of the 12 disciples?? Didnt they "go into all the world" calling people to change their lives? didnt Jonah have to change his life dealing with his personal feelings to give the word of Gods judgement to the people of ninivah? Didnt Isaiah give commands to reject sin? to give prophetic revelation that called people to make changes? Didnt Mosses call pharaoh to change his way of life? and the jews?

If some one points out what they think is a sin, error or stumbling block to you, or your life, and they imply or say you should stop, or change you need to know some thing.

You are NOT changing for them. However, if what they are saying is backed up by the bible then God is speaking to you, THROUGH them, and HE is asking you to change FOR HIM.

Final Thoughts......

God did make you. but God made you knowing you are not perfect and seeks to guide you in changing your life for him, for the better of ALL things.

I want to read Philippians 3:11-15 From the "Message" bible to you for a moment.
Quote :

10-11 I gave up all that inferior stuff so I could know Christ personally, experience his resurrection power, be a partner in his suffering, and go all the way with him to death itself. If there was any way to get in on the resurrection from the dead, I wanted to do it.
Focused on the Goal
12-14 I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

15-16 So let's keep focused on that goal, those of us who want everything God has for us.

Now here is Verse 13 from the Amplified Bible

Quote :
"Forgetting what lies behind and pressing forward to what is ahead"

If we are not growing / Changing then Christ is Obsolete, Useless and a waist of time.
"I am who God made me' says the Adulterer, Sexually Immoral, The Murderers, The drunks, The Rapist, The Molesters they are all ok.. Because after all, they "are who God made them to be and they dont have to change for any one" right??? No???? why not???? You said you are who God made you to be and YOU dont have to change.. Why do they? who are you to judge them????

God calls you to deny the flesh(1) (your wants) for his will(2). We dont know it all (3) But we change for God(4) Because we know his plan(5) his better then ours.

(1) 1 Peter 2:11 The Flesh WARS with the Spirit
(1) & (2) Christ himself says "Deny the Flesh"
(3) Proverbs 14:12 "For there is a way that seems right to a man but in the end leads to death"
(4) Ephs 4:22 says the "OLD MAN is gone and you are a NEW CREATION" (proof you have already started changing)
(4) Matthew 5:28 "if your eye causes you to sin pluck it out" (CHANGE YOUR LIFE to remove sin)
(5) Isiah 55:7-9 (From the message Bible and Amplified)
Quote :
(The Message) 6-7Seek God while he's here to be found, pray to him while he's close at hand.
Let the wicked abandon their way of life and the evil their way of thinking.
Let them come back to God, who is merciful, come back to our God, who is lavish with forgiveness.

8-11"I don't think the way you think. The way you work isn't the way I work."
God's Decree. "For as the sky soars high above earth, so the way I work surpasses the way you work,
and the way I think is beyond the way you think. Just as rain and snow descend from the skies
and don't go back until they've watered the earth, Doing their work of making things grow and blossom,
producing seed for farmers and food for the hungry, So will the words that come out of my mouth
not come back empty-handed. They'll do the work I sent them to do, they'll complete the assignment I gave them.

Quote :
Amplified
7Let the wicked forsake his way and the unrighteous man his thoughts; and let him return to the Lord, and He will have love, pity, and mercy for him, and to our God, for He will multiply to him His abundant pardon.

8For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, says the Lord.

9For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts.

God wants you to let him guide you in making changes in your life.. Why?
Because "began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished" Philippians 1:6

You are alive because God made you. But this world and your personal choices have ALTERED Gods creation.
And Now, we press on to clean up our lives through and in Christ to be made whole! Consider The video below.

Back to top Go down

True or False: "You are who God made you to be and you dont have to change"
Page 1 of 1