Footsteps of The Carpenter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Footsteps of The Carpenter

Attention : Please Click the BLUE links above the banners to access those areas. The banner's are there for cosmetics. To access the area's Please click the BLUE links above the banners.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

1 Timothy Bible Studies Part 1

Go down 
AuthorMessage
joshuajared2000
Headmaster Admin Training Dpt.
Headmaster  Admin Training Dpt.
joshuajared2000

Asleep
Joined date : 2009-02-01

1 Timothy Bible Studies Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: 1 Timothy Bible Studies Part 1   1 Timothy Bible Studies Part 1 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 12:35 am

1Ti 4:12

Let no one look down on your youthfulness, but rather in speech, conduct, love, faith and purity, show yourself an example of those who believe.

Friends tonight were going to start a cross over bible study. By that I mean were going to look at this whole verse tonight and start with the youth, and then part 2 will take place on Thursday night.

Now I believe its important that we do this for an important reason. The bible says it is our role to train up the children (youth) in the ways of the lord. (proverbs 22:6 “train up a child in the way he should go, and even when he is old he will not depart from it)

Well if were going to train the children up, its important that we know what God expects from the youth. So that’s the reason for the cross over. And tonight were just going to talk to the youth about well… their youth! Lol

Now in the begening of the verse it says “let no one look down on your youthfulness” And I believe its important that you know why.

I believe this is why so many groups in the relms of darkness try to reach our kids and youth in grades as young as kidneguarden. So many ungodly things being taught to these children. Not because its whats right, but our enemies know the sooner they train up the children the less change their will be that they will depart from that way.

The bible says train up a child”
Because God knew if we train our children young in the word and in the lord they wouldn’t depart! A study recently released showed that youth who do not believe in Christ by their late 20’s more then likely wont believe.

Now our enemie loves this, they use it to their advantage, that’s why they train up our children in the ways of darkness.

So why shouldn’t you let people look down on you because you are young?

Well let me give you an example of that looking down on you.

“im 45, iv been saved sence I was 15, baptized at 18, member of the same church sence I was 16 long time decan and there aint nothing you can tell me , teach me, or show me” sadly some people have this attitude.

They believe that because you are young there is nothing for them in you. No part of that is probably pride, or maybe they honestly feel b/c they walked with the lord longer then you they know more.

Now let me say that in a way there is some truth to that. Certinly some one in college does have a some what greater knowledge then a high school student.

But, young men, young women there is an awesome promise to the young. The bible says in the book of Joel 2:28 “your young men shall see visions”
And God gave yet another promise the young.
Act 2:17 And it shall be in the last days, saith God, I will pour forth of My Spirit upon all flesh: And your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, And your young men shall see visions, And your old men shall dream dreams:

Vision are a powerful tool of prophecy, testament of Gods power. And this promise is given to the young. Now tonight im going to talk to you about some people that were young, and did some awesome things.

Now I wanted to talk about these young people and maybe your woundering what can I do im young. Im a young believer. Well let me tell you there are some things you can do.

# 1 the first thing you can do is Commit.
The bible says “train up a child” if you continue to put God first, stay in the word, get in church, pray often… then you will remain in the Faith. Its time to Go to school so to speak.

There may be times when you say “but I don’t understand” But the bible has an answer for that! The bible says in Proverbs 3:5 “trust in the lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding”

and then God says in Philippians 4:7 “And the Peace of GOD passes ALL understanding will guide your hearts and thoughts in Christ Jesus”

so you don’t have to understand all things.. BUT BELIEVE!!
God will use you..

Well what could he use the youth for? Oh MAN !!!! there are many times God uses the young and not the older. Look at David! It wasn’t an adult , or an army of MANLY MEN, warriors or fighters who killed a giant. But David, a youth, with a sling and 3 rocks. Now I could be wrong here, but so far from what I have seen is that david ranges in age between late teens and late 20’s. so you have this period where this YOUNG MAN was called by God to take out a Giant .. David believed. If God wanted that giant taken out he would do it.. And God said ok … you do it. Lol

So point #2 is BELIEVE!!
Believe that God can use you

#3 Lets talk about Josiah.

Now Josiah became king at 45..
Wait no read that wrong.. 32.. no wait 28? No 18? Still no . Josiah was called to be king when he was just 8 years old.

No why is that important. Well for me its important bc it shows us that God can call who ever he chooses young or old.

So allow me to talk to you about Josiah for a moment.

Josiah became king of Judah when he was only eight years old. His grandfather Manasseh, and his father Amon, had forsaken the worship of the true God. Nearly all the priests had become evil, and served at the altars of idols; and the people also were wicked and corrupt.

2Ch 34:3 For in the eighth year of his reign, while he was yet young, he began to seek after the God of David his father;
He Desired and Sought after God.. he wasn’t doing any of this “well I need to look into all faiths” nope it was ok God im looking for ya!!

There was no greater person in the kingdom than Josiah. He could do what he pleased, and there was no one to call him to an account. How was it, then, that he did not live a wicked life like his father? It was because "his heart was tender, and he humbled himself before God." He also had a true friend in Hilkiah, the high priest, who led him in the ways of the Lord.

Remember “train up a child?” lol so here he is, Searching for God and Even having a friend Help him do it!
Now the thing I like about Josiah is that he surrounded himself with Good Godly people
But he did much more then that..

In the twelfth year of his reign he sent men through the land to break down the altars and images of the false gods. And as the temple of the true God had fallen into decay, he had it repaired, and gave much money for this purpose
While they were cleansing the temple, a copy of the law of God was found, which he caused to be read to all the people

So he finds this law copy and says “put it in the libray eh?”
Nope This 20 year old called the people, all of them, together and told them to stand! He was gonna read the word

Josiah as you have seen didn’t follow like the kings before him. He surrounded himself with a Godly Counsle.

Friends its important that you surround yourself with Godly people!
Be friendly with the unsaved but your closest friends need to be believers in God.

God can use the youth! So whats the point of this?

#3 surround yourself with Godly people!!!
Train up yourself in Gods ways, Believe, Surround yourself with Godly people.

Im telling you these things not because I believe im super smart and I can teach you every thing under the sun but I want to see you grow.
God used a young man to slay a giant, God used an 8 year old to change a nation!

God can use the youth! Your not some cosmic mistake as the world would say, you did not come from a puddle there was not mystery goop. You are here for a reason and a purpose!!!

Train up in Gods ways
Believe
Surround yourself with Godly people

And let God show you the reason you’re here. It may be to slay a giant in some ones life it may be to change a nation we don’t know. But you have to believe, and get those friendships and Get in to training in Gods ways So God can show you HIS purpose for your Life.

And finally were gonna talk about FAITH..

This person im going to talk about does not come from the bible, this young lady that were going to talk about is 10 years old, she is a 10 year old rare for her age case of breast cancer. She just completed a surgery this week, and was asked her thoughts on this and she replied “if God gave this to me he knows its because im strong enough to make it through”

I understand life for youth can be hard at times and hurtful, but you have to have the faith, and despite all of your hurt and pain, there is a purpose and a reason. God wants to use you, and make you stronger.

Young men young women, don’t be like eve and doubt! Doubt will lead you to falling away from God. I know life can be hard, maybe there are issues in your family, or friends. School , college, work is getting hard But God will never give you more then you can handle.

But it feels like its more then I can bear!!! My friend God has an answer for that “lean not on your own understanding” you THINK its more then you can bear but he KNOWS its not..

First Corinthians 10:13 in the NKJV reads, “No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.”

So in closing
Train up in the ways of the Lord
Pray every day , asking the lord for his will and way in your life
Believe God can use you!
As david took out Goliah, Believe God can use you too!
Surround your self with Godly Friends
Be friendly with the unsaved sure, but the counsel of the godly is more valuable then the unsaved.
Have Faith
Time’s may be hard, maybe you feel like your upagainst a giant and all hell is breaking loose in your life, but at that time pray, and pray out loud, I thank you father you wont give me more then I am able, teach me speak to me im ready to listen.. Have the faith to push forward.

I know a young man who is best friends with an atheist and I wonder how he go’s to his best friend for support.. “I just don’t know why im here” whats his friend gonna say ? “you’re here because of a cosmic accident, you’re a mistake . a cosmic boom lead to a soup with lead to an ooze which lead..”

NOT TRUE!!!! YOU’RE HERE FOR A REASON! FOR A PURPOSE!! BELIEVE THAT GOD CAN USE YOU, SURROUND YOURSELF WITH GOOD FRIENDS WHO KNOW THE LORD!!

And with that I conclude part 1 of our cross over bible study, and remind the room that part 2 will be on Thursday at 7:30 pm
The bible says train up the children and they wouldn’t not depart, this bible study is to show you what God expexted of the young man taking up after paul.. Adults? The bible tells us to train up the children. Well its time we learn what his ways are for youth and then we can fully teach them to be the Godly warriors and giants of the faith!

As iron sharpens Iron we are going to see each other grow stronger in the faith
Back to top Go down

1 Timothy Bible Studies Part 1
Page 1 of 1