Footsteps of The Carpenter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Footsteps of The Carpenter

Attention : Please Click the BLUE links above the banners to access those areas. The banner's are there for cosmetics. To access the area's Please click the BLUE links above the banners.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Soaking Music - Report Finished.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
joshuajared2000
Headmaster Admin Training Dpt.
Headmaster  Admin Training Dpt.
joshuajared2000

Asleep
Joined date : 2009-02-01

Soaking Music - Report Finished. Empty
PostSubject: Soaking Music - Report Finished.   Soaking Music - Report Finished. EmptyWed May 27, 2009 2:00 pm

The Following Report is on the topic of
"Soaking Worship"

First, as stated before, allow us to make clear that these reports
Are not based on our personal feelings. They are based on the need
To understand if these movements are truly God inspired or Man inspired.

Now, Soaking worship...
In case you don’t know, Soaking worship used during contemplative
prayer in prayer houses and other “soaking” Christian meetings.
The purpose of Soaking Music is "setting aside of oneself to focus and
Meditate on God for renewal of strength and peace"[1] Practitioners view
It as "an aid in seeking God"(A) or "Turning hearts back to the Father through
Intimate praise and worship"[2]. "This is about spending quality time with
God without having a program to maintain.(B) It is a time to focus on a
Relationship with the Lord where lives are truly changed"[3].(C)

It finds its origins in the likes of the Toronto revival [3],
And in International House of Prayer (IHOP) [5]

A) I have yet, as of the time of this report found any mention in
God’s word telling us we need an AID in seeking God... I have found the
Opposite of this in where Jesus said "I am the way the truth and the life
NO ONE COMES TO THE FATHER (GOD) BUT THROUGH ME"

B) Notice here the Toronto Revival is wording... "Spending quality time with out
Having a program to maintain" This does bother me, as if Sunday worship/church is
A bad thing... "Why do church when you can just buy our CD's and soak" is the feeling I
Got from those words. Notice also this "movement" of soaking, started in the Toronto Revival and Ihop.

As we know from our other report, it’s an established fact that the Toronto revival and the Ihop movements
Were full of Ungodliness, Other Doctrines, And Full of Blatant un repentive Sin.

C) As if they are not changed else

Finally some other more common issues with this practice

* The practice looks much more similar to some new age practices than to traditional Christian prayer , Old Testament Prayer /worship time, and New Testament prayer / worship time. If this is From God shouldn’t it line up with his word at some point? But non of this does.. In addition

"the silence or sacred space that is reached during contemplative prayer/centering prayer is the same state that is reached during what is called kundalini (Thomas Keating, the father of the modern day centering (contemplative) prayer movement).

The Same state as another Religion offers??????? Is any one else bothered by this??

In kundalini, also known as 'serpent power', one’s energy may be "awakened" by such means as austerities, breath and other physical exercises, visualization and chanting. It may then rise up a subtle channel at the spine (called Sushumna) to the head, bringing psychological illumination. when it rises to the head, it unites itself with the Supreme Being (Lord Shiva). The aspirant becomes engrossed in deep meditation and infinite bliss.

After watching a video on youtube of this act, and another of soaking worship, I was shocked to see that they almost mirrored each other to a T.

So this begs the question, can we use it?

Well, first, the bible says EVERY GOOD AND PERFECT GIFT comes from above...
With Todd Bentley, Branahamm, Paul Cain, John Crowder and others having DONE out of their OWN, these things
Im not convinced it is a good and perfect Gift. God comes to us; we do not have to EMPTY ourselves to call DOWN God.

We know these men walk in sin. We know that Todd Bentley (involved in Ihop and Toronto) has said his
Angels were guiding him in ALL things. In addition, we have already seen from our last report where that got him.

Another thing to consider is the songs. In one song the "music leader" <--(isn’t that a "program" name??) tells the listener "don’t worry about the words coming from your mouth, they could be words, mooing , barking what ever it is just let it out" .......wait.. Mooing??? Barking??? 'What ever it is????

Going back to Gods word again, I am at a loss for I see nowhere in scripture where Movements of God were as
Disorganized as this... People knew what to expect, they knew what would happen. They knew who would speak and guide them... The soaking movement is unguided, unbalanced and dangerous.

Now is all of it bad? I honestly cannot tell you. I can tell you that the roots of this "movement" are in sin.
It was birthed from sin and I am very troubled with it. I can tell you that this movement is counter what we see in the bible. Again, God is organized; he is not a mumbling fool... Yet this movement is far from organized.

However, GOD is Orderly. 1Co 14:40 But let all things be done decently and in order.
Job 10:22 the land dark as midnight, the land of the shadow of death, without any order,
And where the light is as midnight.

2Ch 29:35 And also the burnt-offerings were in abundance, with the fat of the peace-offerings, and with the drink-offerings for every burnt-offering. So the service of the house of Jehovah was set in order.

It is clearly said here, that with out Order, Its bad. Moreover, in the soaking community there remains a lack of order, Birthed in rebellion. The bible says "when you have done all you can do, stand", God does things in his time for a reason. It is not
Based on us choosing to fill up on praise so when God will not go to us we go to him. It is not based on us CHOOSING to ascend to heaven and TAKE, as we want... It is based on GOD giving when he chooses...

It is because of these and more red flags and its disunity with Gods word that We the room owners have concluded that this music should remain off the mic. Should the Lord at any time reveal to us that we are in error We will Admit that Error Quickly. If the Lord showed us in scripture that this was ok, we would honestly apologize. However because what we have seen is the opposite we feel fully confident this is the right choice.

1 On the Rock
http://www.ontherock.net/soak/
2 Soaking in The Secret Place
http://www.secretplaceministries.org/pages/genre/soaking-worship-music.html
3 Toronto Revival
http://www.tacf.org/
4 IHOP
http://www.fotb.com/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soaking Music - Report Finished.   Soaking Music - Report Finished. EmptySat May 30, 2009 7:19 pm

josh real good job on this i know alot of time and effort went into this.we need to respect your wishes on this and not let it in the room.will do my best to keep it out.....
Back to top Go down
Steadfast1974
Chat Room Admin
Chat Room Admin
Steadfast1974

Joined date : 2009-05-13

PostSubject: RE: Soaking Music - Report Finished.   Soaking Music - Report Finished. EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 2:11 pm

I agree, and I'll do my best to keep it off the mic.

Carroll
Back to top Go down
FireChic05
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
FireChic05

Sad
Joined date : 2009-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Soaking Music - Report Finished.   Soaking Music - Report Finished. EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 3:59 pm

I will do my best to keep this music out of the room
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soaking Music - Report Finished.   Soaking Music - Report Finished. Empty

Back to top Go down

Soaking Music - Report Finished.
Page 1 of 1