Footsteps of The Carpenter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Footsteps of The Carpenter

Attention : Please Click the BLUE links above the banners to access those areas. The banner's are there for cosmetics. To access the area's Please click the BLUE links above the banners.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Scripture is from God...or.. umm its not?? huh?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Joined date : 2009-01-28

Scripture is from God...or..  umm its not?? huh? Empty
PostSubject: Scripture is from God...or.. umm its not?? huh?   Scripture is from God...or..  umm its not?? huh? EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 8:17 am

This topic has become one of a personal nature. I state this not to make it seem super important but to highlight something that has not been done before. You see often I will confront false teaching. But it is a rare moment for me to confront some one I know.

I have been willing to teach people and to expose the works of darkness (Eph 4:11) however I have not been willing to do this to people i know. One post that was made upset many people, not because it was wrong, but it was clearly written about some one personal, and so many people wondered "is it me?"

I will be calling out some one by name. A Husband and Wife... a Pastor.... A church. of the 4 One I know.

I do not Call this person out to harm them, to attack them, to put them down. but to reach them with the truth of Gods word, and with the hope that they will pray, ponder and most importantly ask the Lord himself "if there be any truth in what is spoken here, Lord confirm it, that I may know it"

Wit this being said..... Let us begin.

From the Facebook wall of "Meg Berg"
Scripture is from God...or..  umm its not?? huh? Screen10

This is not just by some one i know, This is being said by Professing christians and pastors.

Speaking Bluntly.... No Its not.

When Jesus was speaking about the Old Testament He declared "Scripture CAN NOT be broken"
Quote :

John 10:32-36 21st Century King James Version (KJ21)

32 Jesus answered them, "Many good works have I shown you from My Father. For which of those works do ye stone Me?"
33 The Jews answered Him, saying, "For a good work we stone thee not, but for blasphemy and because thou, being a man, makest thyself God."
34 Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your law, `I said "Ye are gods"'?
35 If He called them gods unto whom the Word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken),
36 do ye say of Him whom the Father hath sanctified and sent into the world, `Thou blasphemest,' because I said, `I am the Son of God'?

Opinions, Come and Go. They change, like waves on an ocean. However Christ himself said "Scripture CAN NOT be Broken"... scripture is not a mere opinion, formed by the bored lives of those who followed christ. It is a Rock, A Way, A Life. IT is The Unbroken, Word of God.

Scripture is from God...or..  umm its not?? huh? Screen11

"hey! if it wasn't for the bible I wouldn't know Christ." no you wont get an amen for a picture that is used to demean Christ and come against him.

Scripture is from God...or..  umm its not?? huh? Screen12

Problems with this.

• #1 "The bible has so many Contradictions in it there is no way to take it at 100% value"

Actually there are NO Contradictions. Every attempt to prove there are, has resulted in the bible being one of the most verifiable books in the history of the World.

Christ spoke to his Apostles, telling them about the guidance that they would receive as far as help, even in what they would write . Jesus said to them.

• #2 Its just a book. A Collection of Stories for us to use as an example, not a set of Rules that we need to follow"

It is a book. but not "Just" a book. It is the collected WORD ....Of....God. not of men.

Quote :
2 Timothy 3:14-18

New International Version (NIV)

14 But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, 15 and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is God-breathed

All... Scripture....is....God..Breathed... Not "Men's Opinions. Men may have written down the bible, but they were Guided by GOD himself as to what to write. God said it.. not me.. if you have issues with this, then your issue is not with men, but with God.

• #3 "not a set of Rules that we need to follow"

Quote :
2 Timothy 3:16-18 New International Version (NIV)

16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God[a] may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Now...we know Scripture is From GOD, (and not men) and we are told it is for "teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness" we know it does not contain Suggestions. We know the bible does not say "Hey guys, you know , i was sitting at dinner with momma mary and we were having coffee and It hit me. could you all try and not, like, ya know...hate each other?"

nope.. Instead we see COMMANDMENTS ... Husbands.. LOVE your Wives.. Wives Submit to your husbands Or "Pray for those who persecute you"

We know within it are things God said "Do..... Not...DO THIS!!!" it is a guidebook, a learning book, or help book, a directional book.. and within its pages, is the very will of God made clear to all men. Yes.. It has rules. You don't like rules.. We understand that. But this does not change what GOD said.

His word (Scripture) is HIS.. it is no one but his. And it is for Teaching, Rebuking, Correcting and Training.

When you belittle Gods word, when you take away the full effect of who he is, you are entering into the original sin, just like eve.. Satan's first trick was to cause eve to doubt God. and he did that..by challenging Gods word to her wife.

"Did God really say......?"

Now satan called Gods word into question, and look where it Got eve..... What makes you think you can do it, with better results?
Back to top Go down

Scripture is from God...or.. umm its not?? huh?
Page 1 of 1