Footsteps of The Carpenter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Footsteps of The Carpenter

Attention : Please Click the BLUE links above the banners to access those areas. The banner's are there for cosmetics. To access the area's Please click the BLUE links above the banners.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is it ok? to be Gay????

Go down 
AuthorMessage
joshuajared2000
Headmaster Admin Training Dpt.
Headmaster  Admin Training Dpt.
joshuajared2000

Asleep
Joined date : 2009-02-01

Is it ok? to be Gay???? Empty
PostSubject: Is it ok? to be Gay????   Is it ok? to be Gay???? EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 12:17 am

Is it OK? To be Gay?

Matthew 18:12
“If a man has 100 sheep and one of them has gone astray and gets lost, will he not leave the 99 on the mountain and go in search of the one that is lost?

Before we begin allow me to say that we as Christians need to to remember something very very very important

No matter how much we disagree with, dislike, and have issue with the lifestyle of homosexuality, these “lost ones” or lost sheep as Jesus refers to them, Matter to God the father and his Son Jesus Christ.

Even if every man , women, boy girl and child on earth were saved, but 1 homosexual, Christ would still have gone to the cross for this one person.

They are People, They are loved, They are lost, but most importantly ,They matter to Jesus Christ the Savior.

They are not to be put down, treated horribly, and beat upon with words or actions. They are the lost, living in sin, and whose sin, is just as wrong as others. Though it may carry with it , its own punishment.

So why are we talking about homosexuality ? To be honest it is a growing topic both with in church's and within the internet world. Already there are websites popping up with over 1 million hits a day in support of not only this lifestyle but its “role” within the church.

There is , and has been, a lot said on this topic from both sides of the issue. Some seeking to defend their way of life, While others seek to defend Gods will for our life. We cover this topic not for any reason other then this.. to educate the fellowship, and to educate the lost.

So lets get to it shall we?
1st What is Homosexuality?

Simply speaking Homosexuality defined is the sexual acts by persons of the same sex. This term and its definition apply to both male and female (thus Gods word needing not to address female or male but just The Act, and Term of Homosexuality)

2nd Homosexuality is a Form of Fornication and Adultery
, Which is Sex outside of and Prior to marriage.
Fornication , Sex between two unmarried people, has always been condemned by God, through his word the bible.
Just as Adultery has also been condemned

"Marriage is honorable in all and the bed undefiled, but whore mongers and adulterers God will judge" Hebrews 13:4
I Corinthians 7:2, "Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife and every woman have her own husband". \
Further more if these were not enough, the bible tells us plainly,
"Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body, but he that commitment fornication sinneth against his own body" I Corinthians 6:18
#3 So is it really wrong though?

In order to see if these verses apply to us today we need to understand what marriage is and is not.

Lets read Malichi 2:14
Mal 2:14 Yet you ask, Why does He reject it? Because the Lord was witness [to the covenant made at your marriage] between you and the wife of your youth, against whom you have dealt treacherously {and} to whom you were faithless. Yet she is your companion and the wife of your covenant [made by your marriage vows].

When Jesus spoke to the Samaritan woman at the well in John 4, he revealed something very important, something we often miss in this passage. In verses 17-18, Jesus said to the woman, "You have correctly said, ‘I have no husband’; for you have had five husbands, and the one whom you now have is not your husband; this you have said truly." The woman had been hiding the fact that the man she was living with was not her husband.
Living with a person in sexual union did not constitute a "husband and wife" relationship. Jesus made that plain here.

So we know that people are not married in the eyes of God when the physical union is consummated through sexual intercourse alone.

But But But Josh, doesn't the bible say if two people sleep together they are married? I assume that people are referring to this verse.
1 Corinthians 6:16-17

16 Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, "The two will become one flesh." Most people stop right there, but lets finish these verses...

17 But he who unites himself with the Lord is one with him in spirit.

The point of marriage, is not just a physical , sexual union. The point of marriage is a physical and Spiritual union between two people and GOD!

Soooooo What is marriage then? Lets look at Genesis 2:23-24

23 The man said, "This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman, for she was taken out of man." 24 For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.
Notice that Adam says “she shall be called Women, for she was taken out of man” women and men have had a connection from the very get go.
We also see here, Marriage (the union of two people) in the very beginning was between a man and a women, and it was for this union that a man would “leave” his father and mother and be united to HIS ….WIFE
Paul teaches that marriage reflects the relationship between Christ and the Church (Ephesians 5:22-33). In fact, male leadership (5:23) and female submission (5:22, 24) within marriage are not an accident but are designed by God to most accurately reflect this relationship. The sacrificial love of the husband in the marriage is intended to point to the sacrificial love of Christ in the cross (5:24). This passage also affirms that the purpose of marriage is sanctification (5:26-27). Marital union is not just about making us happy but about making us holy.
Sexuality is a gospel issue. What we do with our body betrays what we believe about the gospel. We show who we are with what we do with our bodies. This is best seen in 1 Corinthians 6 & 7. Sexual immorality is a sin against the body (6:18-20). It is using the body in a way that violates the gospel by destroying the picture of one flesh union between man and woman which is supposed to point to our one flesh union with Christ.
Lets read Matthew 19:3 and 4 
3Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, "Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?"
 4"Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,'[a] 5and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh'[b]?
When asked about divorce Christ could of said “what God joined together let no man come between” but he spoke clearly “he who made them, made them male and female” and added “the two shall be come one flesh”

Christ didn't need to talk about homosexuality because he dealt with the issue here. A Man and a Woman.

As Christians, it is important to focus on the true purpose of marriage when considering the wedding ceremony. Although the details are ultimately between the couple and God, the scriptural example encourages believers to enter into marriage in a way that honors God's covenant relationship, submits to the laws of God first and then the laws of the land, and gives public demonstration of the holy commitment that is being made. This can be carried out in a simple, private ceremony with only a few witnesses, or a large traditional wedding.
The details are not what's important, but rather, the couple's covenant commitment before God and men

So lets recap here before we go any further..

Marriage is not just a sexual union, or a living arrangement. It is a commitment to another person of the opposite sex, a commitment to the Lord between the two. It is a union in spirit, consecrated in the physical.

It does not involve members of the same sex.

Sexual acts between two people of the same sex are condemned in Gods word. They are condemned as Sin, Abominations and against the will of God.
Let us wrap this up with a few more words from the lord.

1 Thessalonians 4:1-8

1 Thessalonians 4 1-8
 1Finally, brothers, we instructed you how to live in order to please God, as in fact you are living. Now we ask you and urge you in the Lord Jesus to do this more and more. 2For you know what instructions we gave you by the authority of the Lord Jesus.
 3It is God's will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; 4that each of you should learn to control his own body[a] in a way that is holy and honorable, 5not in passionate lust like the heathen, who do not know God; 6and that in this matter no one should wrong his brother or take advantage of him. The Lord will punish men for all such sins, as we have already told you and warned you. 7For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. 8Therefore, he who rejects this instruction does not reject man but God, who gives you his Holy Spirit.

Acts 15:29
29You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things. Farewell.

Colossians 3:5
 5Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry.

Hebrews 13:4
 4Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.

1 Peter 4:3-4

3For you have spent enough time in the past doing what pagans choose to do—living in debauchery, lust, drunkenness, orgies, carousing and detestable idolatry. 4They think it strange that you do not plunge with them into the same flood of dissipation, and they heap abuse on you.

My Friends, homosexuals are now, and have been very deceived by people, by governments, and sadly by church's. Homosexuality is against the very nature of creation and Gods will for our lives. As Christians we don't live to please our self's but we live to please the lord. We don't wake up choosing to do some thing that is wrong. And I tell you today , Gods word is clear. It is wrong!!

I tell you things not to offend or hurt, or cause bad feelings, but to be honest with you. I know that for homosexuals its not easy. I have spoken with a young man who said “i hate that I am this way” but I tell you God understands!!! Check out these verses from Romans 7:14-20
but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do-this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
Its a battle, God never said it would be easy. But we are to live our lives for God, To Denigh the flesh. IT comes down to a choice, for those who accept homosexuality.. Will you choose to partake in the flesh? Or will you stand against it? Knowing Gods word, it may not be easy but will you do what is RIGHT in Gods eyes?

For those of us who already know this truth, we need to understand some thing....
Romans 8:5
 5Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.

It is within the mind of sinners, that what they are doing is not wrong. Their mind is set on the nike slogan of life, “if it feels good do it”. Children are taught in schools “its OK to experiment, you don't have to tell your mom and dad, give it a try” that statement was told to a young man in Lansing Michigan.

Romans 1:26-40 (New King James Version)
26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

This life style is not only shameful, but it carries with it a penalty.. “receiving in themselves the penalty of their error” there is no other sexual act outside of homosexuality and polygamy that carries with it such a high change of sexual Disease as these. Sexual immorality will break your spirit, will come between you and God, and will destroy your physical life. Gods laws are intended to keep you safe! To bring you closer to him, and his will.

The point is These people need us, and they need the truth.. in the final book of the bible “Revelation” we are told what it will be like in the last days

2Timothy 4:3-4
        For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine;                            
        but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having                                 
        itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall
        be turned unto fables.
The time is coming and is already here, when people will hear the truth, not like it, and find people who say its OK. God said people would be placed into a fire lake, and people turned, and said “no no no!! God wont do that. Thus the same happens with sexual impurity. People are going to be and are now, speaking against the word of God. And we are to speak the truth. And tonight, I want you to know that this truth is being said tonight to make sure the Christians understand , and the non Christians understand.

To the Christians I say this.. Open your hearts. There is a legend that go's all the way back to when the Jews were crossing the sea. And the waters closed up on their followers the Egyptians The legend says that on that day the Jews were celebrating and that angels were too.. and God said to the angels “why do you celebrate? Do you not feel my pain and sadness? Were they (the Egyptians) also my creations?

Now im not saying this legend is true, but the point in it... These people are Gods creation. They are in sin, yes.. but their sin is made worse by humanity discust with it. We need to remember Christ loves them and died for them. And there is a right way and a wrong way to speak to people..

To the non christian who supports homosexuality I say this. You can search all day long for verses to support your life style. You can use the bible to say all day long “this is OK”. But the word of God is clear while “all things are possible” they are not always “probable”. The bible clearly shows There is a right way of life (1 man 1 women united in flesh to each other and in spirit to God) and a wrong way of life. And that wrong way will not only keep you from heaven and from God but will destroy your life.
I urge you, if you truly love the lord. To Put off your lust. And to commit to the lord. Let him be your passion, let him be your reason and source of love. It is not his will that any should perish, but my friends many will. They will because they will not accept Gods word as truth and because of this they will grow stale and stagnate in their relationship with him.

Turn to the lord this day, it will be hard. I will tell you now it will be. But the reward is a life with Christ himself for all eternity. You have a lot to gain from God.. don't settle for the scraps left by Satan
Back to top Go down

Is it ok? to be Gay????
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Footsteps of The Carpenter :: Chat Room :: Bible Studies-
Jump to: