Footsteps of The Carpenter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Footsteps of The Carpenter

Attention : Please Click the BLUE links above the banners to access those areas. The banner's are there for cosmetics. To access the area's Please click the BLUE links above the banners.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Do Christians and Muslims Worship the Same God?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Joined date : 2009-01-28

Do Christians and Muslims Worship the Same God? Empty
PostSubject: Do Christians and Muslims Worship the Same God?   Do Christians and Muslims Worship the Same God? EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 12:35 am

Do Christians and Muslims Worship the Same God? Cresce10

God

Do Christians and Muslims honestly worship the same God?

I don't believe in wasting time. Yours or Mine. I believe that too many people
have already given their opinion on this topic and as such I see no reason to give you another opinion.

What I will do however is give you facts. You see Opinions are rough to real with.
And as such, make it hard to listen to and take as truth. After all every one has an opinion.

I will give you the facts from the Christians Bible and the Muslims Koran. You and decide from there.

This is a topic that has caused many to become overwhelmed and has led many into ungodly teaching and beliefs. It is a topic covered every where from TLCs show the "all american muslim" to the recent controversy of Lowes not supporting the show (good job lowes!).

So lets begin.

Every christian understands that Christ is the Creator God.
Quote :
Colossians 1:16 *Christian Bible*
For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him

They know and believe that Christ is God in the flesh.
Quote :
John 1:10-18

New International Version (NIV)

10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

15 (John testified concerning him. He cried out, saying, “This is the one I spoke about when I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’”)

Quote :
John 1:1-3

John 1
The Word Became Flesh
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

Christians Understand that The God of heaven Created Earth and all things within it. And that through the Son God made clear the path to salvation. That Jesus Christ , The SON of God,is the ONLY way.

Quote :
John 14:6

6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Christians take Jesus for his word, when he said "I and the Father are One" John 10:30

So now you know what Christians think about Christ. Why Christ? There is a good reason we chose to start with him. Because he is the main point. Its easy to get lost in debates. Many people actually say the following
Quote :
But we have so much in common!! Christians believe in the Exodus and so do muslims!
and on and on they point out things that are similar. However, Give me enough time and I can point out how much Obama and Bush were also like Hitler.. Does that mean all three of them were the same? Or believed the same ideals? no. It means there is a likeness, but there were also great differences.

If you want to avoid wasted time get to what is the center line. And that would be Christ. It is written about Christ

Quote :
For God so Loved the World that He sent his ONLY Begotten SON, that who so ever would believe in him would not die but have ever lasting life"

Now here is what the Koran states about Christ.

Quote :
The Woman 4.171[\b]
[4.171] O followers of the Book! do not exceed the limits in your religion, and do not speak (lies) against Allah, but (speak) the truth; the Messiah, Isa son of Marium is only an apostle of Allah and His Word which He communicated to Marium and a spirit from Him; believe therefore in Allah and His apostles, and say not, Three. Desist, it is better for you; Allah is only one God; far be It from His glory that He should have a son, whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth is His, and Allah is sufficient for a Protector.

So here we have in the words of the Koran itself states several key facts.
  • Christ is Only an apostle
    Christ is Not Gods Son

Remember John 3:16???? "God sent his ONLY son" so the God of the Christians, Sent a Son.. The God of islam didn't have one.

But there is more.....

Quote :
[b] The Women 4.157[\b]
[4.157] And their saying: Surely we have killed the Messiah, Isa son of Marium, the apostle of Allah; and they did not kill him nor did they crucify him, but it appeared to them so (like Isa) and most surely those who differ therein are only in a doubt about it; they have no knowledge respecting it, but only follow a conjecture, and they killed him not for sure.

Now this listing.

• Jesus was Not Killed
    Jesus was Not Crucified
    Any one who thinks the above are true, don't know the truth
    They were not even sure he was dead

Now again we have a problem. For it is written in the Christians Bible
Quote :
[b] New Living Translation (©2007)
But God knew what would happen, and his prearranged plan was carried out when Jesus was betrayed. With the help of lawless Gentiles, you nailed him to a cross and killed him.
The Bible is clear. Christ was killed, and he was crucified and he did die. Now remember why this is important, The bible is Gods word.

Quote :
New Living Translation (©2007)
All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.

The Bible is the word of the Christian God. So the GOD of the Christians is clear.

He has a son, Who did Die, Who was Crucified and Was Killed.

So we see here the God of the bible clearly is not the god of islam.

The real reason any one would teach they are the same God is because they want us all to "get along". I can stand out side and point out to you how much your PINTO is "just like" a Ferrari But it will always be a Pinto..... such is the way with Islam and Christianity. They are not the same. They do not worship the Same God.
So now we have a total 6 key differences.

Feel Free to register and Comment here or on our Facebook at
Our Footsteps Face Book Page. Click Here
Back to top Go down
lwgypm_tina
Visitor
Visitor
lwgypm_tina

Inspired
Awards : Do Christians and Muslims Worship the Same God? Ppic
Joined date : 2011-12-21

Do Christians and Muslims Worship the Same God? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do Christians and Muslims Worship the Same God?   Do Christians and Muslims Worship the Same God? EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 1:09 am

well put
Back to top Go down

Do Christians and Muslims Worship the Same God?
Page 1 of 1